10 days ago
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. With market capitalization of approximately $40 billion and 2017 sales of $11 billion, the company employs over 26,000 people globally and has been named to the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index for 15 consecutive years. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings.
Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others.
This entry-level position reports to the Electrical Design Section Leader and is responsible for creating and preparing fabrication and/or construction drawings, detailing, reading and understanding Electrical Design Guidelines and Praxair Standards, while participating in the design and/or execution of projects. The successful candidate will be creating drawing packages that will define to a contractor or shop fabricator the electrical scope of work that is required for a given project including, but not limited to, power distribution (15kV, 5kV, 480V), lighting & utilities, cable tray & cable bus, control & instrumentation wiring, winterization (heat tracing), grounding and electrical one line diagrams.
* Ensures that designs comply with design and safety standards.
* Performs research of reference drawing packages and guidelines, where required, regarding standards for drawing layout and presentation.
* Works closely with other design team staff, engineers and Section Leader to investigate problems and requirements of projects, and to develop and implement appropriate solutions.
* Operates computer aided design equipment to perform drafting and/or design activities.
* Participates in the communication of project progress and results.
* Responsible for the design and layout preparation for capital projects
* Reviews design packages for completeness and compliance to guidelines and specifications.
* Understands and applies global engineering work processes.
* Works from engineering notes, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions to create plant or equipment designs and layouts.
* Works with field personnel, where required, to resolve issues during construction.
* 2-year AAS or AOS degree with some drafting experience
* AutoCAD (2015 or later) experience
* Desire to learn new skills
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
* Motivated self-starter with a focus on safety
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Works well in a team environment
* Experience in 3D modeling
* Experience working in the industrial gas industry
* Working knowledge of AutoCad design packages
* Autodesk a plus
Salary and job level commensurate with experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.