5 months ago
Job Description - Electrical Designer (096910)
Electrical Designer -
Requisition ID : 096910
CA-Ontario-Canada, North America
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about what we do...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Architecture and Design of assigned product or Hardware subsystem
* Support estimating of Hardware work packages
* Generation of:
* Electrical Hardware requirements documentation for an assigned electrical subsystem
* Schematics, BOMs, PCB design and fabrication documentation
* Documentation package for the assigned Hardware subsystem
* Unit testing of the Hardware subsystem
* Integration testing of the Hardware subsystem in the product
* Work with Design Engineering to implement and verify design corrections
* Work with Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to debug and identify design issues
* Provide electrical technical support to areas of the organization outside Engineering
* Keep in synchronization with relevant electrical hardware trends and new technologies
* Provide input to Hardware design process and attend assigned Hardware design reviews
* Participate in NPI and product sustaining meetings as required
* Review the Electrical Design Effort of other Electrical Designers on the team
* Act as a mentor to Junior Electrical Designers
* Design and implementation of:
* digital systems using microprocessors and FPGAs
* high speed digital systems using signal integrity techniques
* analog and digital video systems using the relevant standards
* DC-servo motor drives and DC-switching power supplies
* appropriate shielding, bonding, grounding and impedance matching
* PCB design according to IPC standards
* Debug and testing of complex designs using Oscilloscopes, TDR and logic analyzers
* Connector and back-shell selection
* Design according to MIL/Aerospace standards including MIL-461, MIL-704 and RTC-DO160
* Schematic capture tools including ORCAD
* Circuit Simulation tools including Spice and Allegro SI
* Layout design tools - Allegro is preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering
* Undergraduate Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems market and a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on both military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
Organized into 3 segments – Electronic Systems, Communications Systems and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems – L3 Technologies employs over 31,000 people worldwide with reported 2017 sales of $9.6 billion.
L3’s ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 20+ unique L3 divisions across 8 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 14,000 employees in 5 countries including in 15 states in 25+ locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
*Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day - 1st
Travel : No
Organization : Division L-3 Wescam