9 days ago
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. Boeing Cabin and Information Systems Organization is seeking an experienced Electrical Hardware Design Engineer (Level 5) to join the Boeing Avionics Hardware Development Team located in Plano, Texas. You will become part of Electronics Design team and support and work in the Electrical Engineering area.
The Plano Boeing Avionics Cabin and Information Systems team supports a diverse portfolio of airplane platforms. The team is responsible for Electrical / Electronic Hardware, Test Equipment, Avionics, Cabin Systems and Wire Harness Design.
Position Primary Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of designers throughout design, development and delivery of complex HW designs and systems
• This position has responsibilities in the areas of the following: Embedded Firmware Design, Circuit Design, Schematic Capture, Board Layout, Circuit Simulation and C++ Programming
• Lead work with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements on complex multi-tiered projects
• Lead analysis and translation of complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
• Lead testing and validation work on complex system designs to assure that operational and functional requirements are met
• Work with other to develop program test strategies
• Manage performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
• Conduct program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership
• Provide critical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
• Expertise in process development and qualification is highly desired.
• Candidate must have extensive experience in physical & functional integration; installation design and resolving supplier technical issues
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Experience leading projects or teams
At least 5 years of systems engineering experience involving: system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis and evaluation, verification.
Electrical / electronic hardware design experience
Schematics capture, PCB design, layout and routing experience with Mentor Graphics or another PCB design suite.
Experience with DOORS
Experience in PCB hardware design using micro controller units & FPGA devices
Experience in PCB design & PCB assembly verification, debug, troubleshooting and repair
Experience in FPGA & CPLD design implementation for custom designed boards
Experience with Xilinx, Altera or other FPGA exposure
Programming experience in C/C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic
Lab View programming experience
Experience with Matlab, PSPICE and Linux
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.