over 2 years ago
Job Code :
Blacksburg VA USKraft Drive
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Engineering -> Electrical, Design
Job Description :
As an electrical design engineer, you will be driving innovative high reliability DC-DC product designs and execution from concept investigation and design analysis to production. The project tasks will include - design analysis, modeling & simulations, schematic/BOM generation, PCB design, component selection, test & validation, qualification, and ensuring successful production.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters degree preferred)
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
* Highly motivated, self-starter with strong personal integrity and attention to details.
* Ability to work well with cross-functional teams is extremely important
* Occasional domestic and international travel as needed
* US Citizens Only
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
1. Provide design simulations, calculations and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome
2. Provide design Schematic and BOM; Work with layout team for circuit fabrication.
3. Participate and present in preliminary and critical design reviews with a cross-functional team with customer attendance.
4. Adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution.
5. Provide prototypes test and validation results, document multi-dimensional activities. Hands-on work in lab is must.
6. Keep abreast of state-of-the art technologies and perform competitive bench marking for each project
7. Provide technical support for production issues, failure analysis and problem resolution.
VPT offers a competitive range of benefits, including full health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan with Company match, flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance and paid holidays & leave.
VPT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/VET/Disability Employer.