4 months ago
Electrical Assembly Technician
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Role includes Cable and harness manufacture, Rework and Modifications.
Use of Raychem system 25, able to read and understand engineering drawings.
Must be able to demonstrate IPC 620 standards of work.
Ability to work alone with limited supervision.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Cable/Harness manufacture
* IPC 620 certified electrical assembly technicians
* An understanding of Raychem Systems Type 25
* Ability to read and work from technical drawings and schematics
* Soldering and crimping
* Cable terminations
* Assembly of harness boards
* Some basic point to point testing
* Assembly of cables and installation to drawing, schematics and engineering instructions including prototype builds
* Ability to work accurately and with minimal supervision on prototype manufacture
* Teamwork and good communication skills across levels and groups
* Safety orientated
Systematic disciplined approach
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
LMPeople Qualifications and Experience
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks and 5 Years or more of experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.