3 months ago
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position established Electrical and Electronics professional who troubleshoots technical and electrical device problems, operates engineering software and equipment, and confers with stakeholders regarding engineering projects.
* Analyzes equipment and conducts experimental tests to establish operating data.
* Performs engineering duties including manufacturing planning and the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatus to ensure that projects are completed on-time and as per the defined goals.
* Determines material and equipment needs and orders supplies to ensure sufficient resources for project completion.
* Develops or performs operational, maintenance, or testing procedures for electronic products, components, equipment, or systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes.
* Manage activities for the manufacture, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations.
* Prepares, reviews or maintains maintenance schedules, design documentation, or operational reports and charts to ensure that progress and performance can be tracked.
* Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines to minimize disruption.
* Troubleshoots electrical device problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
* Designs, fabricates, modifies, and evaluates electronic apparatus, components, or circuitry for use in other equipment and devices.
* Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
* Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
* Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
* Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
* Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
* Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
* This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
* A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.