5 months ago
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, is seeking Electric Power Systems Engineers to contribute to the design and development of next generation electric and hybrid-electric power systems for manned and unmanned aerial vehicles including efficient high performance vertical take-off and landing aircraft, high-altitude UAVs and long-endurance UAVs to name a few.
As part of a highly collaborative environment you will work independently and on a multi-disciplinary team. As such, candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and develop new skills.
Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
Education Requirements: Engineering Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or a Relevant Discipline
* Entry Level: B.S. and preferably an M.S.
* Experienced Level: B.S. and preferably an M.S.
* Senior Level: M.S. and preferably a Ph.D.
Experience Requirements (an advanced degree may qualify for years of experience):
* Entry Level: Recent Graduate to 3 Years of Relevant Industry Experience
* Experienced Level: 3 (+) Years of Relevant Industry Experience
* Senior Level: 8 (+) Years of Relevant Industry Experience
Interests, Working Knowledge and Backgrounds Normally Include a Mix of:
* Electrical engineering with a background in electro-mechanical machinery, power electronics, power distribution, and/or controls.
* Propulsion system design, analysis, integration and testing of advanced synchronous and asynchronous components including motors, generators, power control electronics, conductors, and energy storage devices.
* Familiarity with advanced electric propulsion system components:
* High torque density motors
* High performance energy storage devices
* Power electronics
* High voltage distribution harnesses and interconnects
* Knowledge of system chain of
* Power Generation
* Electric Energy Storage
* System Control
* Engineering Industry Background May Include:
* Analytical research and product development
* Automotive or locomotive electric propulsion
* Aerospace and aircraft propulsion
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer