7 months ago
Electical Engineer 3
Electrical Engineering position with emphasis in VHDL/SystemVerilog development for FGPAs and Digital Signal Processing. Requires knowledge of digital communication theory, experience in embedded processing, and experience in FPGA development utilizing VHDL and/or SystemVerilog. Candidate should also be knowledgeable about Matlab and embedded software. Candidate will work as part of a product development team in one or more of the following areas: algorithm modeling and simulation, coding using VHDL and/or SystemVerilog, Digital Signal Processing, FPGA development for Xilinx or Intel devices. Duties may include: design, simulation, implementation, and testing of hardware products; design/test documentation (specifications, design documents, test plan/procedures, etc.). Application areas include Digital Signal Processing, Audio/Data Distribution, and Communications for airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance systems.
L-3 Aerospace Systems
has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer 3
to join our talented engineering organization. The scope of the position requires a range of responsibilities spanning the following areas: requirements definition, conceptual trade studies, design and analysis, procurement, as well as integration and testing of FPGA designs. Electrical Engineers are responsible for participating in engineering analysis/evaluation efforts related to complex digital hardware systems, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification and validation procedures, and developing plans to manufacture and test sensor systems and major sub-assemblies.
* Participating in Xilinx or Intel Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) development in a team environment.
* Performing engineering analysis and evaluation efforts of complex digital electronic systems in the area of digital communications and/or digital signal processing
Documenting design approaches, establishing
design verification and validation procedures, and developing plans to manufacture and test digital hardware units and subassemblies
* Requires a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering along with 5+ years of experience in Aerospace & Military Defense.
* E lectronic hardware application development is required
* Experience utilizing Xilinx or Intel FPGA development tools suites is required
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with engineering team and management.
* 5+ years of experience in FPGA design & development, analysis, integration, reliability, and risk mitigation for digital communication or digital signal processing products is desired
* Experience in digital signal processing (DSP) is highly desired
* Experience with Mentor Graphics Questasim/Modelsim simulation tool is desired
Experience with Xilinx Vivado tool suit is highly desired
* Experience with Xilinx Vivado HLS tool is desired
* Experience generating cost & schedule plans and estimates is desired
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance at the Secret level which requires US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
Aug 21, 2018, 1:58:59 PM