3 months ago
Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry / business expertise or interaction with specific business customers. Includes EHS professionals involved in “designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects.
In addition, as the EHS Specialist, you will:
* Individuals located at manufacturing sites and fixed facilities (e.g., a service shop or O&M site) that provide day-to-day EHS support for that facility
* Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Works together with business leadership
* Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
* Delivers products as part of a team. Works on cross functional teams
* Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
* Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge
* Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Fixed Facilities
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay, Middle River Aircraft Systems (MRAS) operates a 1.7 million square feet facility on 180 acres. One of the country's biggest suppliers of aircraft during World War II, today MRAS is dedicated to meeting the aircraft industry's specialized needs.
MRAS works with the industry's major airframers and engine producers to design, build and support the structures that complement their products. MRAS is one of the world's leading suppliers of jet engine thrust reversers -- the brakes of a jet engine - providing reversers for both General Electric and Pratt & Whitney, the world's largest aircraft engine manufacturers. The company also produces a variety of specialized structures for major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Lockheed Martin for both commercial and military aircraft. In addition to design and manufacturing, MRAS provides overhaul and repair services for a variety of aerostructures. Aftermarket and support customers include nearly every major domestic commercial airline and many international airlines. Our maintenance team, combined with our spare parts distribution center, keeps customers flying around the world. Come learn more about our area!
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.