3 months ago
Editor/Engineering Project Assistant
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 06/10/City Wilsonville
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HOR32: Wilsonville, OR 27300 SW Parkway , Wilsonville, OR, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Join our Engineering Project Support Team! We are respectful of each other; explain and share our knowledge; listen actively and join the conversation; invest in others success; entrust in others; value diversity in all its forms; and ensure our interactions are honest and forthcoming. Our mission is to consistently and effectively deliver value-added support to all Programs, across multiple disciplines, by building trust and providing integrity driven execution, so that each program meets its life cycle goals, facilitating our customers’ success.
The primary responsibility of this role is to format and submit documentation for release into our Configuration Management Tool (Enovia/PDM).
* Edit and format documentation in MS Word.
* Update, extract, and format data from DOORS.
* Utilize Google Apps and Confluence for team collaboration.
* Provide tool expertise and support to Engineering.
* Works under moderate supervision to provide technical support to engineers on a variety of engineering tasks.
* Performs basic to moderately complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects.
* Displays sense of urgency for critical tasks.
* Quick learner who can execute tasks on aggressive timelines.
* Resourceful and builds productive working relationships.
* Act in anticipation of future problems, needs, or changes.
* Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented.
* Maintain a positive attitude.
* Effective team player and good interpersonal skills.
* Effective oral/written communication skills.
* Candidates for this role should possess a HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
* Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years supporting an engineering organization.
* Advanced MS Word experience.
Additional Skills a Plus:
* Intermediate or Advanced DOORS experience or requirements capture tool.
* Beginner or Intermediate experience with MSExcel.
* Beginner or Intermediate experience with Enovia/PDM.
* Beginner or Intermediate G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.) experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.