3 months ago
The part you’ll play
The position of Duty Manager (DM) will be responsible for the successful delivery of all aspects of Customer Services for their specific zonal operation to meet our Customer Airline expectations and service level agreements. The DM will be responsible for effective daily planning, management and delivery of the Customer Service Operation in T2.
Responsible for delivery of operational performance within budget. Management of the Customer Services Team. Investigate and report on any performance failures. Ensure compliance with all Menzies safety and security procedures/policies. Work in collaboration with other Menzies departments to ensure good business practice is maintained in accordance with both Customer Airlines and the requirements of Menzies Aviation. Required to report/escalate to the Zonal Manager (ZM) on a daily basis.
* Responsible for the ownership and delivery of operational performance for Customer Services
* Establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with both internal and external customers to ensure operational performance is delivered
* Responsible for the delivery of effective resource planning and allocation in line with budgetary targets
* Required to maintain working relationships with Customer Airlines and deputise in meetings as required
* Responsible for effective Customer handling where complaints arise and instigating corrective measures
* Required to produce daily operational reports which clearly identify solutions and action to prevent reoccurrence of any operational failings/issues
* Complete accident records for incidents in the department and ensure MORSE entry filled
* Responsible for the effective management of the Customer Service Team to ensure delivery of consistent service in line with Customer expectations
* Required to inspire team to deliver operational and service excellence
* Required to provide support to OSC to improve performance
* Responsible for disciplinary issues within Customer Service Team as required
* Provides visible management presence for Customer Service Team on a daily basis
* Responsible for identification of training/development needs
* Hold performance/attendance meetings and act in accordance with company policies
* Manage requests from staff for flexible working and time off to include maternity, paternity, parental leave etc
* Implementation of policies and procedures designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the station, whilst promoting sound safety, security and people management practices
* Responsible for procedural compliance for Customer Services
* Required to report all safety issues and update MORSE
* Use effective interpersonal communication techniques to share relevant information with Customer Services Management Team and other departmental heads, act as an effective conduit between the operational teams to ensure that communication is delivered both ways
* Actively participate in departmental shift/staff briefings and staff/management review meetings.
* Be able to mentor and coach operational staff and provide objective feedback as part of the internal audit process to ensure compliance against operational training.
What you’ll need to bring
* Possess a good understanding of the ground handling environment and operational functions
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of management internally and externally, whilst leading and motivating a growing workforce
* Computer literacy
* Experience of managing a large team with excellent leadership skills
* Ability to ensure that agreed strategies are delivered by utilising sound financial, operational and people management principles and practices
* A track record of delivering against key performance targets
* Ability to develop excellent working relationships with suppliers, Airport Authorities, and in particular our demanding and highly service focused Airline Customers
* A minimum of 2 years management experience in the Terminal Operations environment
* You will have an ability to drive through policies and procedures and represent Customer Services as required
* You must be self-motivated and performance driven
* You must be able to demonstrate delivery of operational excellence
* You will have the ability to work under pressure and remain calm and professional
* Ability to foster a cooperative, team orientated work environment
* Flexibility in terms of working hours and days to fit with operational requirements
* You must maintain a well-groomed appearance. You will be an ambassador for the Menzies uniform
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest of faces for millions of customers, making sure they have a safe and seamless journey through the airport and all the documents they need for their flight.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button