To oversee and manage all aspects of Line Maintenance whilst ensuring total safety in Aircraft Operations and staff working practices. To maintain full compliance with all AA/FAA legislative requirements and ensure staff have appropriate resources to safely fulfill their required functions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To guide and direct Crew chiefs and AMTs in the planning and execution of assigned aircraft maintenance operations.
- To provide Technical Operational support to all European stations including OTS events liaison duties
- To Manage in conjunction with the MOC / Regional managers OTS Aircraft within the EMEA region
- To provide support for field trips, including soliciting field trips from the EMEA stations and management of the field trip on station
- To manage the regional delay and performance databases
- To Represent EMEA on daily conference call for OTS aircraft, regional performance as required
- To manage all LHR Vendors including regular meetings, reporting to ensure SLA are met
- To prepare in conjunction with workload planning the assignment of daily, weekly or monthly work plans to ensure a safe on-time operation and that LHR station MEL/NEF removal opportunities are optimized
- To monitor and report the daily, weekly and monthly performance levels especially in relation to dispatch performance (Delays) and MEL/NEF removal rates.
- To review, throughout the day, that the operation is running to plan and assist Crew chiefs and/or AMT’s if necessary.
- To ensure adequate competent and appropriately trained and qualified personnel are available to perform assigned duties.
- To ensure that all required records are completed and in compliance
- To ensure facilities and equipment are properly maintained including vendor oversight of vehicles and ground equipment
- To set and promote work methods and an environment that ensures AA meets and/or exceeds AA, FAA, EU &HSE policies, good practice & good environmental awareness.
- To ensure that self-audit procedures are followed and any identified problem areas acted upon in a timely manner. Assist with FAA ATOS & company QA audits.
- To participate in the interviewing/hiring process of maintenance personnel.
- To coach and counsel maintenance and ancillary personnel where appropriate, in areas of Time & Attendance.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties consistent with the post.
- To take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions. To co-operate with AA as far as is necessary to enable AA to comply with all relevant statutory provisions. To immediately report serious risks or concerns over safety issues
- To comply with the AA Rules of Conduct Europe & Pacific and work within the context of all Company’s policies & procedures
- To maintain a standard of dress code that is appropriate to the role and in accordance with the Company’s uniform/dress policy
- To be aware of and sensitive to differences and work in a way consistent with the principles of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- To maintain and respect confidentiality at all times and to ensure adherence to the Company’s Confidentiality Policy (currently under review)
- To actively participate in regular coaching & counselling meetings, performance reviews and development meetings
- To undertake appropriate training as agreed with their manager and to take responsibility for self development
- To undertake any other duties which are consistent with the position. This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks
- To work in any other AA location as and when necessary and if applicable to the position
- This job description is subject to periodic review and it is expected the employee will contribute to the continued development of the role and work flexibly in response to the changing business needs and operational requirements.
A&P Licence with All fleet types*
- Line Maintenance experience gained over a number of years as Lead AMT or CC.
- A self-starter with a good ability to motivate lead, direct and assist staff.
- Must possess a strong ability to identify/evaluate technical and operation problems and put in place methods and systems to solve said problems.
- Good organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time and produce good quality reports, written and Verbal.
- Diplomacy, tact and an ability to relate to personnel and peers alike and resolve problems in a timely, sympathetic way.
- Good interpersonal skills with relation to groups outside of M&E.
- Confident and able to address or present ideas to others and small groups.
- Polite understanding manner but persuasive in a discussion.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and remain calm.
- Innovative with an ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Core Competencies
- Championing Change:
- Ability to lead self and/or others to embrace, adopt and implement positive change
The post holder will earn customer loyalty by enhancing the customers’ experience and appreciating their needs.
Driving For Results:
The post holder will be responsible for establishing plans to overcome obstacles in order to accomplish business strategies.
The post holder will be responsible for challenging the status quo and using creative ways to improve business results and building a competitive advantage.
Making Sound Decisions:
The post holder must carefully evaluate information and consider alternatives and consequences when making decisions.
Safety & Compliance:
The post holder must fully adhere to relevant policies and regulations at all times and is responsible for building and demonstrating a commitment to safety and ensuring legal/regulatory compliance.
The post holder should leverage listening as well as oral and written communication skills to connect people, ideas and results.
Development of Self & Others:
The post holder must proactively seek out development opportunities for themselves and their team to ensure standards are maintained at all times. The post holder must have the ability to motivate others and be willing to increase own knowledge.
Leading Self & Others:
Post holder must be able to effectively organize, & manage priorities & actions. Post holder must have the ability to provide guidance & communicate clear work expectations.
Teamwork & Collaboration:
The post holder must be able to build and maintain cooperative work relationships across functions and organizations to achieve the best results.
Valuing Diversity: The post holder must seek diversity of thought and leverage individual differences for competitive advantage.