about 1 month ago
Florham Park, NJ US
Job Description: Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset – we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We’re always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
CACI is seeking a DSP Engineer, under general direction, design, develop, troubleshoot and analyze software programs for computer based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
* Derive requirements for communications subsystems through specifications, data collection/analysis, and reverse engineering
* Model signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab
* Convert the models to operate in real world constrained systems. This includes fixed point implementations, real-time design, and modular decomposition
* Design and implement these signal processing algorithms for small Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) embedded systems leveraging Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), Digital Signal Processors (DSPs), Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), and General Purpose Processors (GPPs)
* Verify implementations by developing test vectors from the model and executing test scripts against the real-time implementation
* Document all aspects of the system from requirements through test procedures
* Travel to other CACI Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all CACI Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
Skills and Knowledge:
* Understanding of digital signal processing techniques and algorithms
* Experience in translating mathematical models such as a Matlab program into real-time embedded firmware
* Development experience in embedded real-time environments such as Linux or VxWorks to include device driver and application layers.
* Understanding of hardware/software partitioning to optimize the implementation for SWaP
* Experience with modern DSPs from TI, Freescale, and ADI
* Strong C skills with understanding of C++
* Ability to prototype and adapt through multiple development spirals
* Understanding of interfacing to related technologies such as analog/RF design, digital design, power supplies and software
* Adept in using test instruments and testing techniques
* Strong oral and written communications skills
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain Secret clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Computer Engineering or related technical discipline and 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of educations, skills and experience
Advanced degree preferred
Additional Desired Skills:
• Experience developing demodulators for wireless communication systems
• Knowledge of GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, WiFi/WiMax
• Experience with software engineering design and analysis (OOA/OOD)
• Knowledgeable of scripting languages (Perl, Python)
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.