3 months ago
The primary function of this role is to undertake the delivery, offloading and loading of catering uplifts to various aircraft at Stansted airport and when necessary handover the flights to the airline crew. This role is customer facing and requires good communication skills and a professional image. It involves food and equipment handling in a secure environment where compliance with procedures is mandatory. The flexibility to work shifts covering early morning, late shift and nights is required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Driving HGV 15 – 18 tonne company liveried vehicles in a secure & controlled environment
* Carrying out legal checks of vehicles prior to use
* Loading and unloading catering uplifts to aircraft
* Liaison with customer flight crew and working in collaboration with other ground handling suppliers
* Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the vehicle
* Adhering to all Road Traffic Acts and additional Airport By- laws
* Additional duties such as Bar and stores packing or search and sealing will be a daily requirement
* Plus any additional warehouse duties
Qualifications and Experience:
* Educated to High School levels
* HGV experience desirable.
* Airport Airside Driving would be an advantage
Skills & Knowledge
* Road Traffic Act
* Driving LGV 15-18 tonne vehicles, vans and cars.
* Digital Tachograph knowledge and possession of a digital tachograph card.
* Clean Driving Licence. However up to 3 points will be considered.
* Driver CPC qualification essential.
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
* We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
* We communicate and keep each other informed
* We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
* We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
* We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
* We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
* We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. gategroup reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup – an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.