about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10813
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Horsham
Functional Area: Finance
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Masters Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 25
NOTE: THIS ROLE WILL BE BASED IN HORSHAM, PENNSYLVANIA, USA
The DVP / Business Unit Controller will be responsible for planning, coordinating and administering the STC Business Unit’s accounting activities to meet the Corporation’s objectives for accurately and comprehensively gauging its operating performance, including recording and reporting financial progress, and insuring the continuing control and protection of its assets.
This position reports directly to the DVP / Business Unit Manager, but also has a strong dotted line reporting to the AMETEK Measurement, Communications & Testing Division DVP of Divisional Finance.
The business unit has financial reporting operations and locations in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida and California as well as Denmark and the UK. In addition, there is a close cooperation with AMETEK’s global sales offices and shared service centers.
• Maintaining effective internal control of all business unit operations and locations to ensure continued control and protection of its assets and an accurate reporting of its financial position.
• Providing management with monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities in accordance with the Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Part of the business unit’s global management team together with sales, marketing, operations and engineering under the leadership of the DVP / Business Unit Manager
• Preparing reports which summarize and forecast Business Unit business activity and financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations in accordance with the Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Directing preparation of budgets, reviewing budget proposals, and preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification in accordance with the Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Arranges audits of business unit financials.
• Establishing and monitoring Business Unit accounting policies, programs and methods applicable to cost and inventory accounting and ensure that proper standard costs and inventory systems are maintained by plant accounting personnel.
• Directing special studies and analysis concerning economic and financial implications of existing and planned Company products and facilities.
• Performs due diligence on potential acquisition targets. Develops models, business forecasts and trend analysis to support these opportunities, as needed.
• Working Capital Management
• Coordinates internal and external audit requirements and US Sarbanes Oxley-404 (SOX) testing and compliance.
• Represent the company externally, as necessary, to government agencies and auditors.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and develop department staff and conduct annual performance evaluations
• Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
• Oversight of global financial operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Masters’ Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
• Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position in industry, and a CPA (preferred)
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. In addition, he/she should have experience establishing, integrating and modifying business and accounting systems, as well as managing various aspects of information technology.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Working knowledge of short and long term financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, rolling forecasting, and product-line profitability analysis.
• Comfortably leading executive level strategic focused financial presentations
• Experience working in a global management matrix is a plus together with international experience / exposure in general
• Small and large project/program orientation
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• US GAAP and US Sarbanes Oxley-404 (SOX) experience required.
• ERP implementation & management. The business unit is on Oracle in the US and Navision internationally. Especially experience with Oracle is a plus
• Fluent in English required
Compensation for the successful candidate will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Components will include a base salary, annual incentive bonus and stock options
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.