about 1 month ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Dispatchers in Fort Mill, South Carolina.
The Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling pickup and delivery of loads, with Motor Carriers, to customers and/or vendors. The Dispatcher is required to work in an office environment frequently communicating with carriers, warehouse shipping personnel, sales, and management. They must be able to clearly articulate verbally, and in writing, the shipment priorities and status. The Dispatcher is required to update computer systems with information and may be required to generate reports for management.
Keep accurate records of outstanding loads and load assignments.
* Prioritize loads using multiple sources of information.
* Understand Hours of Service (HOS) regulations and limitations.
* Work daily within SAP
* Learn and use multiple Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
* Learn and use Transportation Management Software (TMS).
* Learn and use other company specific software systems.
* Proficiency in MS Word and Excel and overall computer acumen
* Clearly communicate opportunities, issues, shipment status and other information to a broad audience.
* Familiarity with various modes of transportation and transportation equipment.
* Knowledge of the Transportation industry considered an asset.
* Knowledge of the Wood Products industry considered an asset.
* Flexible work schedule as required
* The ability to clearly communicate priorities and status to a broad audience.
* SAP experience preferred.
* Possess excellent computer skills.
* The ability to work under pressure and proven organizational skills
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Cross train others to insure continuous, consistent performance.
* Be a team player.
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
* Punctuality and regular attendance.
* A sense of urgency.
* Honesty, integrity and respect for others.
* Financial acumen.
* Analytical ability.
* Customer focus.
* Can do, winning attitude.
* The ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Sound time management skills.
* High school diploma required, secondary education preferred.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
25 days ago
only 14 days until close
11 days ago
only 19 days until close