8 months ago
Apply by Date: May 31, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
To exercise operational control in a Type A Operational Control System.
* Responsible for developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising, as required, Operational Flight Plans, on a co-authority basis with the Pilot In Command.
* Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the pilot-in-command, as required.
* Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit, constrain or impede operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
* Communicating to Air Traffic Control Services all Operational Flight Plan requirements.
* Ensuring that all aircraft are dispatched in accordance with the provisions set out in the Aircraft Flight Manual, Minimum Equipment List, Flight Operations Manual and governing Regulations.
* Ensure that the pilot-in-command is furnished while en route, by appropriate means, with all information that may be necessary for the safe conduct of the flight.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of the serviceability of airports, runways, airways and navigational aids used by the Company.
* Soliciting, interpreting, and maintaining current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest operational information.
* Communication with the Chief Dispatcher, Duty and other positions within SOCC to ensure that adequate information flow is maintained with respect to any beneficial or operational problems associated with flights or operating areas.
* Initiating Accident Alarm Procedures, and assessing and issuing Incident Category Reports, as per the Emergency Response Manual.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of coworkers and customers.
All Jazz Aviation Flight Dispatchers are required to have successfully completed the Transport Canada FDMET and FDOPS exams and be 21 years of age.
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close