10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Director of Supplier Quality Environment, Engine, and Electrical Power System (ES) and Central Operations will be responsible for the following:
* Improve quality performance of over 900 global suppliers and implement supplier quality improvement strategy and associated activities across the ES and Central Operations supply based.
* Lead teams to implement Zero Defect Plans at critical suppliers. ZDPs include the use of Relentless Root Cause Corrective Action (RRCA), UTC Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) and Process Certification. Report outs on plan and progress will be made to executive team and customers on a regular basis.
* Continually evaluate and report on supplier quality performance, identify problem areas and assist with implementing supplier corrective actions as required
* Develop and monitors special process compliance of suppliers
* Manage effectively the Supplier Audit Program to assure compliance to quality requirements.
* Assure supplier inspection process is effective and efficient in mitigating quality risk and assuring reliable delivery performance.
* Provides guidance and expertise to cross functional stakeholders on matters pertaining to supplier controls, significant concerns related to supplier quality performance, risk-based audit execution, issue escalation, and compliance.
* Manage and improve efficiency of various quality processes such First Article Inspection (FAI), Quality Notification (QN) and supplier request information.
* Support new product introduction through flawless execution of UPPAP, FMEA, APQP, Zero Defect Plan and among other activities.
* Execution of other UTAS Supplier Quality Initiatives: Vendor Material Review Request (VMRR) Defect Reduction, Authorization to Release Program, Leadership Development, Supplier Trainings, Conference and others.
* Oversight of multisite, multinational environments is preferred.
* Experience QMS audit processes.
* Demonstrated knowledge and utilization of quality management tools, such as; Value Stream Mapping, capability studies, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, Kaizen, 5S, Statistical Analysis, SMED, Root Cause analysis tools, Corrective Action Systems, VOC, QFD, Error Proofing, Robust Design, FMEA, BIQ, and Cause and Effect Diagrams.
* Demonstrated success in lean production process and business process excellence
* Formal Lean and 6-sigma black belt certifications are strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated performance in quality assurances roles.
* Preferably an expert in Lean and Advanced Problem Solving (Six Sigma) usage with hands on experience.
* Position best fits a self-motivated person with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Positive "can do" attitude with a passion for continuous improvement and measureable results is a must.
Qualification: - 10 years in quality, compliance, and regulatory experience within the aerospace industry.
- Experience in a management role in a global matrix organization.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional high performance teams.
- Experience in technical or manufacturing operations; complaint handling, product quality investigations and supplier management.
- Strong leadership, program management and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in achieving results and influencing others to achieve corporate, site, and departmental objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, good presentation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and gain the support of senior management.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple, complex priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand data sets and drive to compliant data based decision.
- Ability to travel globally up to 25 percent.
- Demonstrated performance in quality assurances roles.
- International experience and production experience, preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Technical Discipline (Math, Science, Engineering) required.
Master's degree or MBA preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.