3 months ago
This position is accountable for competitiveness of the products in terms of features, functionality and quality. This role will provide strategic direction for products in the product portfolio, focusing on the specific business and clinical needs of the customer. Incumbent will help to drive growth, competitiveness, and long-term adoption. Incumbent works with internal teams, customers, and helps in the formation of the strategic road map. Position manages product managers and analysts.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
* Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the “voice of the customer” is reflected in work processes.
* Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
* Partner with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
* Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide (where applicable) and opportunities for growth.
* Working with marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
* Driving product portfolio to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for strategy and execution of the product roadmaps and new product introductions.
* Establish tradeoffs between internal development and business partnership activities with strategic partners-including contract negotiations and maintenance, product changes, forecasting and financials.
* Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, engineering, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
* Evangelize for the product by presenting to customers and users groups; represent the product at trade shows and with media; sell product roadmap internally; participate in winning large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the product.
* Create a team environment that encourages innovation. Qualifications/Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, healthcare or related field
* 6+ years’ experience in product management, product development, commercial product leadership or related field including workflow experience with similar products.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen Add Eligibility Requirement GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening
* Experience with Medical Imaging, Medical Devices organization a plus
* Degree in Medical Informatics
* Degree and practice in a clinical discipline
* 8+ years’ experience in product management, product development, commercial product leadership or related field.
* Deep Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, requirements, product life-cycle management,
* Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
* Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
* Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
* Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
* Proven ability to work globally
* Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Strong analytical and process skills
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).