Avion Group(aviongroup.aero) serves an international customer base with simulation products and pilot training. The company activities include professional flight training and the building and operation of flight simulators and simulator centers globally. All these subsidiaries; Avion Simulators, Avion Training, Avion Leaseand the Simliner training centers are part of Avion Group, located in Nieuw-Vennep, the Netherlands. Avion Group was founded in 2015 and has since proven to be an innovative yet cost-effective player in the aerospace industry both in their products as in their services.
Avion Group has been expanding rapidly and is now looking for
Director Sales & Marketing (M/F)
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
The Director Sales & Marketing (DSM) is responsible for the commercial strategy and development of the Avion Group. It typically involves activities relating to marketing & sales and customer relations to drive business growth and market share by selling flight simulators and develop new flight training centers through long term contracts. The DSM reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The role combines knowledge of the training market with strong sales skills. The DSM leads the sales and marketing department, including the training, coordination and support of individual staff members. The DSM sets short-term and long-term goals/objectives, develops and manages the sales plan and monitors and reports on sales activities and progress.
Tasks & delegated tasks
· Builds and implements the commercial strategy of Avion Group
· Delivers on revenue targets, set within the commercial strategy and Avion’s 5 year business plan. The Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are yearly determined by the Board of Directors
· Manages a sales and marketing staff and general sales agents
· Guards the sales expenses
· Manages the brand awareness
· Develops content of PR, advertising, posters, brochures and website
· Develops and maintains knowledge and awareness of the market
· Translate customer requests into concrete written technical and commercial proposals
· Contributes to project calculations for customer proposals
· Maintains customer relationships
· Plans Avion’s participation to conferences and exhibitions
· Maintain the sales database and documentation
Entry requirements & specific skills
· You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field
· At least 10 -15 years experience in a similar role preferably in an international Aerospace and/or training environment
· External and internal communication skills
· Excellent at developing and maintain stakeholder relations
· Negotiation and deal closing skills
· Intercultural sensitivity
· Curious, result driven, takes initiative, persistent and creative
· Confident and impactful
· Team player with integrity
· Fluent in written and spoken English
What does it mean to work for Avion Group?
· A challenging job in a successful and entrepreneurial environment where initiative and a high degree of freedom in acting are basic principles
· Great influence and responsibility on the outcome of technically challenging projects
Do you think you meet the criteria and are you up for a new challenge? Please send your resume and motivation letter to Toon van der Wulp . WFSPRO (Wfspro.nl) is taking care of the recruitment process of this vacancy Any questions or need more info? Feel free to contact Toon van der Wulp.