7 months ago
The Director – Regulatory Compliance will ensure that global risks are identified, measured, treated & monitored in compliance within the risk profile of GE Aviation. This individual will be responsible for global regulatory Digital Technology compliance for new products & processes for the Business. The experienced individual will be part of a dynamic team that will partner globally across the Aviation business to operationalize controls & processes to meet external IT requirements.
* Together with the contract management and legal function, identify strategic regulatory risks associated with product delivery in support of strategic Aviation contracts, across the internal Enterprise, Commercial and Military spaces.
* Strategically identify existing and emerging regulatory risks and trends and provide necessary guidance to help improve overall compliance to the required regulations
* Provide risk-based thought leadership over the regulatory obligations, ensuring that compliance is achieved while enabling the business
* Provide thought leadership and recommendations to incorporate / improve design of controls within regulatory risk requirements and framework
* Lead an organization to identify control deficiencies and ensure appropriate remediation development for sustainability
* Strategically provide visibility to the overall risk posture of GE Aviation and track completion of regulatory risk requirements and controls through to completion and full compliance.
* Build partnerships across the GE Aviation business to ensure that awareness of and agreement as to the compliance roadmap is achieved on current and emerging regulations in the Cyber Security and Data Privacy spaces.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in IT and/ or Risk & Compliance, and a minimum of 3 years as a People Leader
* Legal Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Having Secret Security Clearance
* Ideal candidate will have prior experience from E&Y, KPMG, Deloitte, PwC or IT Corporate Audit Staff Graduate (GE Employee only)
* CISSP certification preferred
* Experience in designing, enhancing and implementing detailed wing to wing robust processes
* Proven track record of detailed quality documentation delivery to defined standards
* Understanding of regulatory and external certifications requirements as they relate to IT for regulations such as DFARS, FISMA, etc.
* Experience of implementing and operating Risk Based Testing methodologies
* Strong functional team player with experience working seamlessly across a heavy matrix structure
* Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels
* Outstanding interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of industry standards, such a NIST 800-53 and 800-171 and requirements for FedRamp compliance
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.