TAA Recruitment are very excited to be supporting our newest client based in Germany with their search for a Director for Ground Operations.
Main responsibilities are:
• Airplane scheduling and crew rostering;
• Flight time and crew rest records, reporting to German Aviation Authorities;
• Manage Flight Planning and Flight Briefing;
• Provide flight documentation maintenance and storage;
• Organize activities in terms of airplanes servicing and cargo handling at network airports;
• Organize and supervise development and update of Regulatory Documents related to aircraft servicing and cargo handling operations;
• Organize search and assessment of airplane ground service providers, handling providers and crew service providers, build up functional interaction with airport authorities, ground service providers for
airplanes, cargo and fuel at network airports, draft proposals for amending contractual terms/conditions, participate in talks/negotiations;
• Participate in aviation investigations in connection with ground operation activities;
• Supervise airplane service and cargo handling processes, maintain the target safety indicators, on-time performance, regularity, safety of cargo at network airports, reliability of information regarding cargo weight and airplane balance;
• Assess risks, associated with airplane servicing and cargo handling operations at network airports of the Company and provide corrective actions plan;
• Ground personnel training and testing to include DG.
Education and experience requirements:
• Experience in ground handling operations as a company or airport employee of not less than five (5) years, with two years in the similar position;
• University degree;
• Practical experience in Safety standards application;
• Knowledge of EC safety regulations and procedures;
• Knowledge of aviation management systems;
• Knowledge of the Company’s ground handling system to include DG Operations.
• Fluent English and German languages:
• Ability to clearly and efficiently establish communication with employees, management and providers at all levels based on trust and principles of openness and honesty;
• Strong organizational and leadership qualities;
• Responsiveness, far-sightedness, ability to encourage and focus on results;
• Willingness to develop and achieve greater results;
• Ability to assume leadership and liability for the result;
• Ability to be persistent and consistent in achieving objectives;
• Attentive to details and quality-oriented.