4 months ago
Director Business Development, Government markets
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 05/22/City Winston-Salem
State/Province North Carolina
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HNC32: US096-Winston-Salem (Oak Plaza 190 Oak Plaza Boulevard , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position is for a Senior Lead professional in Sales Business Development with mastery level experience. Oversees the implementation of lead generation and sales plan strategies. Provides oversight for internal and external customers and sales leaders regarding sales proposals, lead generation, and sales strategies. Implements new and improved sales business development strategies and processes.
• Oversees all contact with prospects; provides oversight to developing a professional relationship with the purpose of understanding the customer needs and meeting those needs within the bounds of contacted scope.
• Formulates and presents recommendations to executive leadership for the development of activities for strategic prospects in support of business strategy.
• Oversees all negotiations with significant potential customers and builds and maintains customer relationships to win projects.
• Builds long-term relationships with new business leads to gain customer accounts.
• Provides oversight to the management team representative on perspective target accounts.
• Oversees the management team representative and provides recommendations on perspective target accounts.
• Provides oversight to establishing long-term customer relationships with perspective accounts to influence opportunities.
• Attending and presenting at trade shows at times to increase visibility of the organization.
• Customer facing and selling role (quotas) only responsible for acquisition of new accounts.
• "Hunts" new deals and customers to generate leads for new customers.
• Works with customers to develop product specs for future projects.
• Designs and executes marketing and sales strategies, policies, and programs for company products.
• Prospects, develops, and expands business, responds to proposal requests from customers and develops proposals for presentation to customers.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.