2 months ago
Digital Systems Processing Engineer with TS/SCI
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD US
Do you enjoy solving tough problems? Does supporting critical national security missions have special meaning to you? Are you the type that thrives working in a team environment? If so, this is a terrific opportunity to conceptualize and drive development of game-changing solutions that are re-shaping the battlespace environment and saving lives.
CACI is seeking an enthusiastic Digital Signals Processing Engineer, who will work on the DSP Engineering team in our Dulles, VA office. This position requires a background in digital signal processing (DSP) and communication theory. The candidate will participate in the project phases to include (but not be limited to): design, debug, and test of signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Participate in the design, development, integration, and testing of software to go into our DSP baseline.
* Participate in the definition of requirements, CONOPs and architecture for future systems
* Support field testing of the equipment being developed
* Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Leverage education and on the job programming skills in C, C++, and Python for Linux software development activities
* Help with Receiver architectures, Software channelization, Modulation/demodulation, Spectral analysis activities
* Use knowledge and understanding of radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.) in support of projects and Senior Technical staff activities
* Help with link budgets, range estimates, and system sensitivity assessments
You'll bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three to ten years of related experience.
* Programming skills in C, C++, and Python
* Linux software development experience
* Thorough understanding of software defined radio systems:
* Receiver architectures
* Software channelization
* Modulation/demodulation techniques
* Spectral analysis
* Error correcting codes
* Working familiarity with radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.)
* Exposure to all phases of product development (concept, design, implementation, test, and production)
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.