4 months ago
Digital Systems Engineer
Job ID: 466483BR Date posted: Jan. 15, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: PLE
Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for a talented, highly motivated Digital Systems engineer to join the development of the next generation RF digital payloads. The RF Staff Systems Engineer will work closely with system architects to understand key requirements and mature pre-market solutions. Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing design concepts and technical baselines for payload communications processors and satellite controllers
• Developing payload subsystem-level requirements and interface definitions
• Conducting payload design trades, including potential source identification/selection through formal Requests for Information
• Perform analysis and decompose system level performance requirements to verifiable allocated subsystems/components requirement. Perform analysis to size computing/Digital signal processing/FPGA resources needed to implement the functionality specified to the subsystem.
• Creating technology maturation and risk reduction plans for critical payload elementssatellite subsystems
• Supporting proposal development activities for objective payload systems
This position may require domestic travel as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
A level 4 position typically has 9 to 15 years of professional experience.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our standout skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, encouragement and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR) and allocate functions down to subsystems and hardware/software
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers. Ability to write technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Proficiency in relevant analytical tools (e.g., MATLAB, XXX)
Experience with satellite communications technologies and waveforms, including DVB-S/2
- Working knowledge of current US DoD Protected Satellite Communications (i.e., Milstar/AEHF)
- Experience developing Analog/Digital interfaces
- Experience with full-life cycle of ASIC/FGPA development including Register Transfer Level (RTL) hardware descriptive languages (IE VHDL, Verilog)
-Experience performing software source lines of code (SLOC) estimates based on requirements
- Prior satellite communications design experience
- Proven ability to develop analytical modeling and simulation tools/environments
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Active US DoD/IC TS//SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First