about 1 month ago
Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Florham Park, NJ US
What You’ll Get to Do:
Under minimal direction, lead the conception, design and implementation of advanced signal processing algorithms across a wide range of RF communications systems from 3 kHz to 300 GHz. Create capabilities vital to meeting the most complex sensing, networking and communications challenges facing our U.S. Federal Government Customers.
More About the Role:
* Develop requirements for communications subsystems through specifications, data collection/analysis and reverse engineering
* Model signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab
* Convert the models to operate in real world constrained systems. This includes fixed point implementations, real-time design and modular decomposition
* Design and implement these signal processing algorithms for small Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) embedded systems leveraging Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), Digital Signal Processors (DSPs), Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), and General Purpose Processors (GPPs).
* Verify implementations by developing test vectors from the model and executing test scripts against the real-time implementation
* Document all aspects of the system from requirement through test procedures
* Travel to other CACI locations or customer sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all CACI ethics and compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Thorough understanding of digital signal processing techniques and algorithms
* Expertise in translating mathematical models, such as a Matlab program, into real-time software
* Development experience in a Linux environment
* Understanding of hardware/software partitioning to optimize the implementation for SWaP
* Strong C++ skills
* Experience with software engineering design and analysis (OOA/OOD)
* Ability to rapidly prototype and adapt through multiple development spirals
* Adept in using test instruments and testing techniques
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Computer Engineering and 6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience (Master’s degree preferred)
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience developing demodulators for wireless communication systems
* Knowledge of GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, 5G, WiFi/WiMax
* Knowledgeable with scripting languages (Python)
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.