11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The Senior Associate, Digital Projects position is responsible for managing projects related to digital and information technology strategies within the Aerostructures International Trade Compliance team.
* Manage projects that mitigate risk through the successful implementation of automation and other networking tools.
* Responsible for planning, developing, testing, and implementing digital solutions to ensure proper access controls, workflows, and database infrastructure are established.
* Working with other Aerostructures sites (as well as benchmarking with other business units within UTC Aerospace Systems) to ensure Aerostructures leverages best practices and systems.
* Process automation upgrades as needed.
* Strong information technology project management background is required. An understanding of information technology infrastructure and applications is highly desirable.
* Assessing system performance and working with cross-functional colleagues to implement improvements and system-based changes.
* Theoretical and practical project management knowledge;
* Knowledge of techniques and tools;
* Experience as a project manager, and;
* Experience in strategic planning, risk management, or change management.
* Assess current practices and identify improvement opportunities;
* Manage diverse projects, including tracking plans to commitments and driving actions to a fully documented closure;
* Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion;
* Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications;
* Effectively communicate concepts, challenges, and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences;
* Motivate and influence colleagues from other teams within Aerostructures;
* Work on a cross-functional team and effectively coordinate with international sites, and;
* Create and revise written policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with 3+ years professional working experience required
* Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with 0-2+ years professional working experience preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.