6 months ago
As a DevOps Engineer II, you will be responsible for orchestrating who, what and how of software development into continuous integration, continuous delivery and deployment from local dev environments through production systems. You will be instrumental in bringing automation to development and testing pipelines, release management, environment management and application management and drive agility in software development teams to ability to achieve multiple-deployments-per-day in support of company objectives.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check. No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Other: Bachelor's Degree preferred or applicable work experience
Years of Experience: Minimum six (6) years' IT experience.
Minimum four (4) years' Linux systems engineering or equivalent with an operations/infrastructure focus.
Minimum one (1) year of continuous integration, automated deployment and configuration management experience; Development, scripting or other automation experience will be a plus supporting a large scale Linux server stack.
Credit Check: Yes
• While not all are required, a strong working knowledge or experience with many of these systems is a strong plus:
• Virtualization: VMWare ESXi, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V.
• Scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
• OS Administration: RHEL/Suse/CentOS and at least one other Linux distribution.
• Redhat Satellite or other OS Administration platforms.
• Monitoring: Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, Graphite.
• Understanding of common network protocols: TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, SSH.
• Configuration & deployment automation: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack.
• Deployment, configuration and administration of common application stacks: JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Symfony, Drupal, php, syslog,
• Strong experience with Linux Package Management: yum, rpm.
• Configuration and administration of common web services: FTP, NFS, VPN, LDAP.
• Deployment, configuration and administration of common databases: DB2, MySQL, DB2, MS SQLServer.
• Version control systems: Git, Subversion, CVS.
• Build/CI/CD tools: Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Ant, etc.
• Knowledge of messaging platforms: Jboss-AMQ, Apache ActiveMQ, RabiitMQ, ZeroMQ.
• Clouds: practical experience running production or dev/test environments on AWS, OpenStack, Azure, VMware or other clouds.
• Containers: Vagrant, Docker, Rocket, others.
• Performance: NewRelic, Dynotrace, BlueStripe.
• PAAS: OpenShift, CloudFoundry, Heroku.
• Agile project management: Jira, Mingle, scrum and related methodologies.
• Deployment, configuration and administration of common big data stacks and NoSql stores: Mongo DB, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
• Datacenter security mechanisms.
• Ability to participate in an on-call rotation with night and weekend work when necessary.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Able to provide accurate technical feedback when working with complex issues.
• Flexible, with a positive attitude and passion for knowledge.
• Experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Engage with development teams early during design phase, evaluate technical alternatives, approve design decisions, communicate and secure technical team and/or business’ approval for critical technical decisions.
• Responsible for the performance monitoring, profiling, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, performance optimization and peak season readiness activities of Allegiant.com and related services.
• Ensure extensibility, supportability, performance & scalability of WWW platform and core flight ops applications.
• Identify point of failures, issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies, propose improvements, identify cross-functional resources and implement them.
• Instrument applications for performance baselines and to aid rapid diagnostics and resolution in case of system issues.
• Contribute to the documentation of the design and implementation of network, server and other systems and developing operational recipes (e.g. Ansible playbooks).
• Automate provisioning and integration tasks as required to deploy new code.
• Create continuous integration scripts for automated code releases.
• Effectively communicate project status to the Manager of DevOps, Project Manager or other stakeholders as needed.
• Ability to meet project milestones and deadlines.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
Licenses & Certifications