about 1 year ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a DevOps Engineer.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for code deployment work on APIs and Services. The Engineer will be responsible for the successful deployment of integrated or stand-alone releases into production. This team member role is critical to the safety of the production environment and helps prevent the introduction of bad or untested code into production on which the organization's internal and external Customers depend. The Engineer will continually lead, facilitate, and coordinate synchronized releases to maximize value delivered to their program Customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Manage the build process for multiple concurrent releases
- Automate build and deployment process through build system
- Maintain various software feature branches using a Source Control System
- Design and configure continuous integration build system through collaboration with development and IT teams
- Participate in deployment & configuration of the application as needed
- Participate in deployment meetings and consult with team to refine, test, and debug programs to meet technical needs
- Understands servers and databases and related architecture requirements and ensures those requirements can be achieved and maintained through high-quality deliverables.
- Developing proof of concepts and proposing solutions to architecture and tech leads.
- Support operationally critical environment, using monitoring tools and scripts, data feeds and associated scripts, research and analysis of production issues, capturing logging
- Assist in server patching activities
- Participate in application load tests and assisting with troubleshooting.
- Ability to troubleshoot SOA, network, WAF/firewall, load balancer, HTTP/HTTPS communication, and browser clients as it pertains to a large scale web application environment.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems engineering field.
- Strong core Unix skills are required. Should have experience with Unix shell scripting.
- Experience with Maven and Gradle is required.
- Experience with Jenkins is required.
- Experience with Git Lab/ Git hub is required.
- Experience with branch management using Git Flow is required.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of high-scale, multi-tenant Web services.
- Requires experience with or knowledge of: web based platforms
- Experience leading support bridge calls for production systems issue resolution.
- Experience with Dynatrace APM or similar monitoring tools is a required.
- Experience with HP SiteScope or similar monitoring tools is a plus
- Experience in supporting Java container based applications is a plus.
- Should have worked on multiple operating systems including Windows.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in supporting application teams and Troubleshooting in a DEV, SIT, UAT, and
- Proven problem solving skills required
- Candidate must have attention to detail, and be methodical in carrying out responsibilities
- The successful candidate must be a self-motivator and be able to perform work with little guidance or instructions. Multiple tasks may be assigned which will require managing/prioritizing.
- Knowledge or related experience in the Travel, Tour, or Hospitality industries preferred
- Worked in an Agile environment is a plus
Delta Air Lines, Inc., develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.