about 1 month ago
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 02/01/City Rome
State/Province New York
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HNY02: Engine Comp (Power) - Rome 104 Otis Street, Rome, NY, 13440 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for a senior Drafting Services / Product Definition technician who is under general supervision. Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment. Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects to ensure conformance to specifications. May assist in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
* Works under general supervision to assist engineers with all activities related to part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings.
* Performs basic to moderately complex drafting duties by operating Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment such as digitizers, plotters, CRT’s, and associated peripheral equipment and software.
* Assists with drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects to ensure conformance to specifications.
* Prepares reports on project activities and data.
* Reviews basic project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
* Supports engineers in determining accuracy of work and maintaining drafting standards.
* Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data.
* Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems.
* Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datums, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
* Prepares complete production detail drawings.
* Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications.
* Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
* 4 years of relevant experience with HS Diploma or 2 year degree OR 6 months relevant experience with a Bachelors Degree
* Must have familiarity of GD&T, standard drafting practices and bills of materials
* Must have familiarity with Configuration Control practices
* Knowledge of Teamcenter 11 and NX 11 strongly desired (components, assemblies, positioning constraints)
* Knowledge of MIL-STDs helpful
* Knowledge of Export Classification/Export Control practices helpful
* Knowledge of SAP
* Experience 3D modeling and drafting of component and assembly parts using NX including the Bills of Material to transfer to SAP (ERP system)
* Experience checking work against mark-ups, change requests, reference drawings and drafting standards
* Experience performing tolerance stack-ups
* Experience supporting Materials of Concern calculations for REACH certification
* Experience utilizing EPEC Teamcenter PLM system daily
* Experience preparing/exporting 3D models for analysis or to send to Customer/Supplier
* High School Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training)
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, preferred
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.