Composites Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000
We are seeking a Design Engineer to join the ranks of a high-profile advanced composites manufacturing business servicing the international aerospace sector. This company is entering a major growth phase with imminent plans to move into a purpose-built manufacturing facility. This role will involve the design of composite components and assemblies along with associated process equipment and tooling from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Undertake the designing and detailed specification of various composite components and assemblies for various applications.
- Specification and detailing of production/ assembly tooling, jigs and testing fixtures as required for manufacture and verification.
- Working closely with structural and manufacturing engineers to develop lay-ups for structural and non-structural composite components.
- Development of electronic data for manufacture, such as ply kits, laser projection data etc.
- Development of manufacturing instructions including lay-up books, route cards, component and assembly drawings.
- Work package management, maintaining schedules and cost packs.
- Hands-on engineering support to manufacturing development and materials and component testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Essential experience of working with carbon fibre extensively.
- Experience in the use of CATIA V6 or equivalent for component part definition, CPD3 composites suite, solid and assembly modelling beneficial but not essential.
- Capable of completing basic hand calculations with respect to tolerance and mechanical strength calculations.
- Willingness to develop new skills and undertake complex activities in challenging timescales.
- Good management, reporting and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience in the application of MS EXCEL.
- Exposure to composites production and/or design engineering (space, aerospace, defence, motorsport, energy).
- Previous knowledge and experience of current pre-impregnated composite materials and manufacturing processes highly beneficial.
- Experience of CATIA V6 or equivalent CAD software essential.
- Good Mechanical/Materials/Aeronautical Degree or equivalent.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.