Mechanical Design Engineer to develop the mechanical activities for an Aviation Company based in Oxfordshire
As part of an integrated team you will contribute to lead and support the production of design solutions, use of 3D CAD model assemblies, 2D drawings and SolidWorks.
You will have proven experience with ISO and British tolerance standard (BS8888) and complex chains of dimensions or stack up tolerances
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Design Engineer
· Detail design of mechanical systems.
· Basic design hand calculations such as interference fits, thermal growths, hoop and tensile stresses, thread loadings, and tolerance analysis to support detail designs.
· Capable of producing technical documentation including Design reports, Engineering Release Notes, Functional specifications, FMECA.
· Bill of Materials producing and maintaining experience
· Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials (Metallic & Composites) and related thermal treatments, material protections and coatings.
· Ability to undertake problem solving analysis & propose technical solutions
· Work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
· Team spirit and ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
If you would like an opportunity to work as a Mechanical Design Engineer for an Aviation Company based in Oxfordshire please apply now.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Jamie Birch on, or send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.