Design Engineer Contract for an Aerospace Company based in Gloucestershire
Details of Design Engineer Contract:
· Due to start ASAP
· 6 months
· 37 hours per week
· Rate Competitive
· You will have prior experience of designing mechanical / electro-mechanical actuation and landing gear equipment within an aerospace company.
Responsibilities of Design Engineer
· Interpret customer's requirements and specification
· Identify verification of requirements
· Contribute to design reviews and programme reviews
· Designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, preferably SolidWorks.
· Create technical documentation e.g. drawings, procedures and reports
· Ensure product meets performance, weight, schedule, cost, reliability, safety requirements.
· Problem solving activities to resolve customer returns
· Support inspection and test of root cause
· Document and lead corrective actions
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline or qualified to an equivalent level
· Experience of designing actuation products, and hydraulic control valves, preferably within an aviation business.
· Knowledge of mechanical components, processing, precision machining, forgings, military and industry standards.
· Committed to deliver design artefacts on schedule.
· Understanding of design (FMEA, DFMEA), test and analysis FEA, Mathcad tools
· Willing to occasionally travel within the UK and internationally.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Jamie Birch on, or send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.