3 months ago
Design Assurance Support Engineer
Specific Job Description
Ensuring that ongoing airworthiness and certification evidence is collated to provide evidence of design integrity. Understand the airworthiness and certification requirements as context for evidence collation, culminating in provision of the Certificate of Design. Particular responsibilities include:
* Managing the Def Stan 00-970 compliance matrix, including co-ordinating external (sub-contractor organisation) inputs and internal airworthiness assessments
* Maintaining the Design Authority Signatories List and signatories document
* Maintaining the LM Competency Management System
* Reviewing vendor certification evidence
* Ensuring vendor certification artefacts (DDPs/CoDs) are approved by authorised signatories for that organization
* Preparing Flight Approval Documentation and seeking approval
* Briefing checklist signatories on technical content of documents
* Preparing and processing design checklists
* Preparing LM Certificates of Design
* Devising strategies to achieve flight clearance and certification
* Maintaining currency with evolving MRP Regulatory Articles
* Bringing emergent technical or programme issues to the attention of senior Design Authority signatories
* Supporting the mutual understanding of certification issues between customer and LM and between sub-contractors and LM.
* Maintaining robust method of retaining and accessing all pertinent documentation
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Lockheed Martin (LM) is a large multi-national technology company, specialising in the management of complex programmes.
This position is for a Design Authority and Airworthiness Support Engineer to work within the LMUK IS, Specialist Engineering team by providing airworthiness and certification expertise to the Merlin Programme and separately for Radar Equipment providing Air Traffic Services (ATS).
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Proven and recent experience in undertaking aircraft/system certification and flight clearance
* Conversant with the emergent MAA Regulatory Environment (MRPs)
* Conversant with the following specifications:-
* DEF STAN 00-970
* MAA Regulatory Articles
* Understanding and experience of compiling flight approval and certification evidence in a complex systems integration environment.
* Knowledge of aircraft avionic systems
* Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Previous experience of operating in a DAOS and/or AAOS organisation undertaking prime contractorship/systems integration. Exposure to review and sign off activities for aeronautical systems would be beneficial.
Willingness to travel in the UK in order to support LMUK activities
Accustomed to highly dynamic and demanding working environments, with a strong priority handling and management skill-set
Proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* Analytical: ability to analyse technical problems and provide solutions.
* Negotiation: ability to resolve Customer issues in an effective productive manner.
* Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposals to Customer and Supplier.
* Decision-making: ability to make rapid decisions.
* Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.