4 months ago
Design / Certification Engineer – Electrical Systems & Avionics
To support the design and certification of aircraft flight deck and cabin interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements. Be a Subject Matter Expert for the electrical systems and avionics including systems related to control, instrumentation, navigation, communication and aircraft interior electrical systems including in-flight entertainment systems.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin flight deck and cabin interior projects.
• To be a technical focal for engineering and certification issues relating to Integration on electrical equipment and avionics for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications undertaken.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant electrical and avionic related airworthiness requirements and provide compliance verification when not directly involved with the compilation for documents including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Equipment and Wire Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing & wiring diagrams
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements including wiring diagram manual, system schematic manuals and EWIS assessments.
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior modification programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages with a high emphasis on electrical systems including in-flight entertainment, connectivity, cabin and emergency lighting and changes related to the introduction of new electrical or electronic equipment.
• Previous experience as an Electrical Systems / Avionics Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is desirable.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands. (Ability to manage time and tasks to shifting deadlines)
• Ability to work effectively with customer engineers and embody the core values of the business: Honesty, Integrity and Transparency
• Willing to help develop, mentor and coach less experienced staff.
• Experience navigating OEM data systems for specifications and standards
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical or Electrical / Avionic Engineering and/or at least 5-10 years' experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.