5 months ago
C-17 Globe Master flight and ground systems. Members of the C-17 Avionics & Flight controls (AVFC) team develop and test associated systems in a fast paced Agile engineering environment. The Design and Analysis Engineer position is located in San Antonio, Texas.
Successful candidates will research and integrate new technologies that support the world's finest airlift aircraft. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with Air Force customers using the latest engineering techniques to design and test C-17 aircraft sensors, controls, communications, avionics, and flight systems.
* Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
* Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
* Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
* Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
* Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
* Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education and Experience:
* Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* 2+ years work experience in the electronics or Aerospace field or a related Masters/Doctorate Application of engineering, and scientific principles.
* Fielded airborne avionics and flight control (AFC) systems, involving both hardware and software Analysis and translation of requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
* Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements; and manage supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
* Ability to interact professionally with customers, suppliers, field representatives, and fellow engineers.
* Dependable, innovative, an independent thinker, possessing excellent & creative problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated "hands on" capabilities in class projects and/or previous work experience.
* Capability to work independently, persevere, and generally "find a way" when roadblocks are encountered.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award