Deputy Manager, Compliance & Safety
British International Helicopters (BIH) has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a part-time Deputy Manager, Compliance & Safety, based in Newquay. Reporting to the Compliance & Safety System Manager, you will manage a small team within the UK and overseas with regard to Quality, Compliance and Safety matters covering all aspects in regard to AOC operations, Airworthiness, Maintenance and Training.
The successful candidate will hold a recognised auditor qualification, and be from either an Engineering and/or Flight Operations background, have good written and verbal communication skills, and be fully IT literate. You must be a constructive team member who can work under your own initiative with the ability to think strategically and look beyond current situations. You should have knowledge and experience within the European regulatory environment and understand Safety Management System principals. An understanding of ISO accreditation standards would be advantageous. Effective and positive interaction within a small team environment is essential, as is the ability to contribute perceptively and with insight to BIH’s development plans and deputise for the Group Compliance & Safety System Manager both internally and externally at an industry level.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
1. EU Aviation regulations, specifically flight operations and/or airworthiness /maintenance.
2. Understanding of application of Safety Management Systems.
3. Three years auditing experience within an aviation environment.
4. Dealing with UK competent authority.
5. Constructive team member with the ability to work on your own initiative.
1. Degree of flexibility required as some travel and overnight stays required.
2. Ability to recognise big picture concepts, prioritise workload, and articulate observations.
3. Ability to interpret regulatory and airworthiness standards and provide guidance to staff.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Confident and building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
6. Experience with Aerotrac and Centrik an advantage.
A competitive remuneration package is available for the successful applicant.