about 1 year ago
Location: Denver (Flight Operations).
Boutique Air is seeking a Director of Systems Operational Control to join our team in the Denver area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
To be successful in the Operations Manager role requires a meticulous level of attention to detail, exemplary interaction with and in support of the System Operations Control (SOC). This role is operationally essential and we are looking for the right team player, capable of adapting to an ever-growing company, with a scope of work that varies from day-to-day.
Authorities: Exercise Operational Control, ensure enforcement of company policy and procedures. Approve schedules and vacation requests. The Director of SOC is responsible for approving work related expenditures of SOC employees.
Duties and Responsibilities: Ensure all flights are conducted in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations, and Boutique Air policies and procedures. Ensure all employees in the SOC comply with company policy and procedures. Communication to company executives. All duties of the Director of SOC can be delegated to a Lead Dispatcher/Flight Follower, and will be recorded in an official email.
Job Purpose: Provide operational oversight, leadership and direction to the Boutique Air SOC office to include Flight Followers, Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Control, and Planning. The SOC manager will be responsible to ensure the daily operations of Boutique Air is safe, legal, efficient, and meets the performance goals of the company. The position is responsible for daily operations as well as planning future days operations to obtain these goals.
* Reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with the Chief Pilot, and Director of Maintenance.
* Responsible for oversight of all operations in the Systems Operational Control (SOC) department; including but not limited to, the planning, organizing, directing, training, controlling and staffing of all Company flight operations.
* Field flight following and crew scheduling related concerns by crew members, crew schedulers, stations, and maintenance.
* Responsible for overall flight control and keeps all interested persons informed of potential operations, planned operations, and operations in progress.
* Execute operation plans during Irregular Operations caused by weather, ATC, and Maintenance
* He/she supervises personnel involved within the SOC and function of flight operational control with emphasis on mission objectives.
* Establishes and maintains appropriate training, procedures, routines, and equipment to ensure efficient compliance with applicable 14 CFR regulations, Operations Specifications, Boutique Air Inc. Manuals, Company policy and directives.
* Exercises Operational Control as Defined in the company Operations Manual.
* Responsible for departmental auditing, flight and duty time records, and other company forms and required documents.
* Works closely with Maintenance Control, Route Planning, Flight Following, and Crew Scheduling to ensure communication from department to department within SOC is effective.
* Superior communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
* Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Ability to learn PC applications
* Must be able to adapt to changes under pressure situations and maintain composure in high volume stress situations
* Must be able to handle multiple mission-critical projects concurrently and effectively
* Must work with minimal supervision
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
* College degree or equivalent relevant experience (3-4 years)
* Advanced coursework and/or training related to Aviation Management
* Previous aviation operations experience and knowledge of airline and aviation terminology
* Proficiency with Google-based software
Please extend an application if you're interested in joining our team!