4 months ago
Defence Training Designer
Specific Job Description
There is a requirement for a Defence Training Designer. The postholder will be responsible to the Training Associate Manager for ensuring that customer requirements and contractual outputs are delivered against agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Work as a fully integrated member of the LMUK SS Training Team
* Design documents for the delivery of training modules to the Defence Standard
* Support SWS operations in support of training outputs
* Provide support to all authorised organisations in support of training outputs
* Support US/UK forums as required by LMUK SS in all training related subjects
* Conduct reviews of training documentation iaw LMUK SS and Defence Quality Processes
* Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of approved documentation, mandatory health and safety legislation, acceptance standards and directives to ensure compliance with Trident Programme and Company requirements
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of defence instructional delivery standards
* Excellent organisational and workload management skills
* Strong communication, verbal and presentation skills
* Flexibility and an adaptable attitude
* Be motivated, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of Defence System Training Quality Processes
* Knowledge of the PSA and how it impacts UK training documentation
* Experience in training environments and SWS equipment
* Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and debating technical issues with both Customer and Accreditor
Typical minimum education & experience:
* Qualified to HNC level in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.