4 months ago
Decoder Software Developer
Flightradar24 are looking for an enthusiastic developer to specialise on our decoder software that receives, interprets and distributes data from aircraft transponders including ADS-B and mode-S. We operate a leading terrestrial receiver network of many thousands of devices globally, including our own hosted hardware in addition to volunteers with a variety of alternative hardware such as third party mode-S receivers as well as home built raspberry pi systems. This network has been continually growing as we keep bringing new receivers online to expand our coverage, and today delivers hundreds of millions of data frames every hour. You will play a key role in our development roadmap, with the results of your work impacting the way millions of users experience Flightradar24.
What you’ll do
* Develop and maintain Flightradar24’s receiver systems using modern C++ on a Linux platform in order to continue improving our flight tracking coverage and features
* Apply analytic, algorithmic and signal processing skills to solve software design problems
* Use your own initiative to drive the receiver roadmap with key improvements and features
* Liaise closely with electrical engineers designing and improving receiver hardware
Who you are
* Familiar with common flight tracking hardware and software such as the mode-S beast, RTL-SDR USB devices and dump1090
* Active interest in aviation interrogation standards including multilateration (MLAT), ADS-B (ES plus UAT), mode-S (DF17, DF18 etc), mode-A/C and more
* Familiar with semi-embedded software development for e.g. ARM based systems deployed globally
* Experience with distributed server-side processing of real-time aviation data at a global scale
* Proven ability to effectively research experimental ideas and complete selected features for production release after evaluation
* You have at least 3 years of professional software development experience
* You recognise the value of software best practices such as test-driven development, code reviews, continuous integration, etc
* Experience with collecting and presenting statistics via simple web interfaces is beneficial (e.g. using python frameworks or similar)
Flightradar24 provides the world’s most popular flight tracking service with millions of daily users, including many aviation professionals. You'll work with a very international group (over a dozen different nationalities represented) of tech-savvy aviation enthusiasts based primarily in our office in downtown Stockholm, Sweden.
How to apply
Send applications by email with subject line "Decoder software developer" to careers [at]flightradar24.com. Applications should include a cover letter and your updated CV both in PDF format plus relevant examples of previous work with details of your role. Candidates will be considered continuously so applying early is encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you!