about 1 month ago
Database Engineer - TS/SCI Poly
Annapolis Junction, MD US
TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI’s Business and Information Technology Solutions (BITS) Sector, is seeking a Database Engineer to support a large, prime Intelligence contract in Hanover, MD.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As the Database Engineer, you will be a key member of a large prime contract effort, comprised of multiple teams working to secure, operate and enhance customer systems. You will provide operational database administration to the organization through partnering with architects, developers, and support personnel.
* Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to database administration and maintenance, owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within the scope of the applicable service level agreements (SLAs), and ensuring backups are performed regularly.
* Other duties in include maintenance, upkeep and security (at levels required within the SLAs) of the databases, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with architects, project application engineers, and database engineers to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
* Database instances will be hosted within the organization as well as remotely hosted in organizational spaces owned by other intelligence agencies.
* You will also provide Tier 2 support to operational systems and will be on call to provide the support after regular working hours.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelors degree in technical field and 5 yeas of Software Engineering experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
* 2+ years experience with Linux, Eclipse, Maven and Java
* 2+ years experience working in SIGNT, IA or IT domains.
* Current TS/SCI Poly Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Expert knowledge of Oracle v12, including Oracle Streams and RMAN.
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
* Experience in clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
* Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options.
* Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics.
* Knowledge of Structured Query Language.
* Understanding of distributed computing architecture.
* Experience with virtualized machines and databases hosted thereon.
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
* Experience in performance tuning and optimization using native
* Monitoring and troubleshooting tools
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.