5 months ago
Cybersecurity Research Engineer II
Req #: 218080_78226
Location: San Antonio, TX US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Do you have a passion for innovation?
So do we! At CACI our people are our greatest asset – we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We’re always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Design and software development in various aspects of cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking for classified and unclassified projects.
More About the Role:
* Collaborate with customers to determine their cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking problems; coordinate project requirements definitions according to customer needs
* Contribute to high performance technical teams to innovate and execute both short-term and long-term project goals
* Research solutions to cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization and computer networking problems
* Design, implement and test research prototype software
* Integrate software into larger system, design test cases and evaluate solution effectiveness
* Brief project results and demo software and/or hardware to technical and non-technical audiences
* Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand, adhere to, and promote all CACI Ethics and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
* Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Ability to obtain/maintain government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
* Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and 2-4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
* Computer science background, which may include knowledge in analytics, machine learning, computer networking (IP), computer security, and/or optimization
* Analytical skills with the ability to solve problems with minimal direction
* Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Master’s degree preferred
* Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
* Innovative, self-motivated thinker
* Network security, especially security of the public Internet, cryptography
* Distributed computing and mobile ad hoc networking protocols and implementations
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.