3 months ago
CyberSecurity Engineer - Enterprise Security Solutions Engineer (E-Mail) - Morrisville, NC
Job ID: 461824BR Date posted: Nov. 19, City: Raleigh State: North CarolinaProgram: USPS
Description:Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. You will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsible for providing providing technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, and implementation. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on email protection.
• Experience with architecting, implementing and operating email protection services in large enterprises:
• Boundary messaging gateways
• Security add-on tools for Microsoft Exchange
• End-point solutions targeted specifically for email protection
• Provide guidance and leadership to determine, develop, plan, test, and implement email protection and security requirements for the enterprise
• Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into securely designed solutions
• Ability to propose and implement creative solutions to eliminate malicious (e.g. phishing) and unwanted email (e.g. spam, “graymail”)
• Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
• Cross-functional understanding of email operations, security practices and the user experience
• Develop project documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required) Security+, CISSP, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Ethical Hacker, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM CCNA, CCNP
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Prepare justifications and business cases for recommendations on CyberSecurity initiatives
• Develop and present program status / metrics to USPS management
• Identify roadblocks and propose effective solutions
• Provide guidance on integrating Presidential Executive Orders and governmentally mandated security controls into the strategic email security plan
• Microsoft office suite of applications
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Information Security/Information Assurance Clearance Level: Public Trust Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First