4 months ago
Cyber Software Engineer - C/Python, Herndon VA
Job ID: 461713BR Date posted: Nov. 16, City: Herndon State: VirginiaProgram: CybOrg
Description:Do you have a passion for low-level code development? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Lockheed Martin’s Cyber Development Team in Herndon, Virginia
Knowledge areas of this dynamic Cyber Developer position may include any of the following:
• Low-level firmware/software development pushing the bounds of the originally specified intent of the hardware/software
• Perform embedded development, software reverse engineering, and vulnerability research
• Understand and analyze assembly-level code on multiple architectures (e.g. x86, x64, ARM, MIPS, PPC, etc.)
• Create and analyze network protocols throughout all layers of the network stack.
• Strong understanding of Cryptography
• Solid understanding of computer system and embedded system architectures.
• Automate testing and command execution using Python
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and strong in the execution of research and prototype development. The Cyber Developer will be expected to work independently to determine and develop innovative approaches to research problems. The ideal candidate will be capable of presenting research results and prototypes to both internal and external entities.
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance
Experience with one or more of the following:
• Development experience with C
• Development experience with C++
• Scripting experience with Python
• Experienced in developing in a Linux environment
• Development experience with C++ using Windows Visual Studio
• Experience with multiple Linux distributions (e.g. Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, etc.)
• Ability to navigate and control Linux networking stack
• Strong understanding of network protocols
• Understanding of embedded system architectures (e.g. x86, x64, ARM, MIPS, PPC, etc.)
• Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5 years of professional development experience, or if no degree must have equivalent experience/combined education (13 years of experience)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Shift: First