9 months ago
This hands-on technical position will work on LAN / WAN implementation and working on design and security of deployed systems. As part of the Integrated Security Solutions team, this position will participate in all day-to-day activities and project goals in Cisco and Linux based environments. Technical responsibilities include providing design, implementation & support of secure WLAN, LAN, MPLS WAN and VOIP telecommunications infrastructure implementations using existing and new technologies to various customers. As a technical specialist, this position will be required to provide resolution guidance to the other ISS team members for advanced systems design, problem resolution and project management. Network/systems security will be a heavily emphasized set of responsibilities for this position, including but not limited to intrusion detection & digital rights management. Will help lead and actively participate in projects supporting network and telecommunications infrastructure implementations and enhancements. Determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications to provide a high level of security according to network service level agreement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support all network services, maintaining SLA’s for security and reliability.
* Support corporate wide strategy, plans and documentation for all network & telecommunications systems.
* Evaluate new networking solutions, providing recommendations for design and solution strategies.
* Design & manage network implementation projects in a dynamic fast paced environment.
* Support generation of requirements for new cyber security implementations.
* Conduct testing and evaluation of cyber security implementations.
* Track and resolve requests for network related services and support, providing post mortem and root cause analysis.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* Off-hours implementations and remote site travel a must
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* 3+ years related experience
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP experience preferred
* C, C++ as well as Linux real time operating systems a plus
* Mobile device android and/or ios a plus
* SCADA/ICS experience a plus
* Cyber and industrial control systems a plus
* Hands-on expertise with a wide variety of network related tools, concepts, technologies, best practices and security procedures
* Hands-on expertise with network hardware, protocols, and media including but not limited to Fiber Optics, UTP, 802. 11, VOIP, IOS,
* MPLS, DNS, DHCP, directional wireless
* Flexible work hours required
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
* This position requires a the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.