10 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Customer Solutions & Innovations (CSI) team is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a broad range of IT products and applications, enabling the realization of objectives for the Commercial, Customer Service, and IT branches.
The Business Analyst CSI analyzes business needs and contributes to the development of ac2u, retail/Flight pass products including Corporate Rewards applications, jointly with other CSI teams for the delivery of integrated multi-platform IT products and solutions.
* Contribute to all cycles of development activities of projects and enhancements from concept development, to design, development, acceptance testing, implementation and deployment support for the Air Canada ac2u application and its partners.
* Collaborate with other areas of the organization (eCommerce and Customer Service Platform) in the development of integrated IT products, across all platforms and channels
* Analyze customer requests for ac2u enhancements through investigation of current functionality and processes
* Collaborate in the documentation of functional business requirements based on business analysis findings and consultation with stakeholder community
* Act as a liaison agent between the business community, technical teams and vendors.
* Facilitate document reviews with stakeholders and ensure final document signoff
* Ensure all business requirements and timelines are understood and that solutions deliver on expected benefits
* Define use cases and high-level test scenarios, provide leadership and guidance to the test team in the development of test scripts and analysis of results
* Ensure system integrity and provide incident support as required
* Trouble shoot system problems, assess business impact and recommend priority and test system fixes as require with third party service providers
* Provide IT maintenance support throughout the life cycle of products and services
* Conduct Customer Relations and Corporate Security investigations pertaining to our ac2u channel.
* Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Computer Science and/or ECommerce or three-five years experience in an IT environment
* Deep knowledge of current web technologies and trends, including but not limited to XML, Web 2.0 concepts, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures
* Knowledge of RESIII, Aircanada.com, airline reservations systems, and Altéa PSS a strong asset.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate technical concepts into business terms
* Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
* Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated.
* Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
* Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
* Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
* Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
* Strong knowledge and experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Quality Assurance (QA) testing, impact assessments and work effort estimations
* Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required.
* Highly proficient with MS Office, including Microsoft Project, Visio and Internet browsers
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.