about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10456
Location: US - California - San Luis Obispo
Functional Area: Operations
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
A CS Technician for Crystal Engineering will, under moderate supervision, support Customer Service, Production and Quality in meeting quality objectives and liaise between departments on priorities and notification of quality problems.
• Data entry of Customer returned units into CEC’s material management system
• Support Customer Service in the evaluation and processing of customer returns
• Operate Test Hardware as necessary
• Technical assembly to support Production as necessary
• Inspection in accordance with CEC quality guidelines of received in-process and finished goods.
• Maintain professional contact with vendors and customers, as required
• Maintains created quality records according to CEC’s quality system
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed to support Crystal Engineering’s Mission Statement and Company Goals.
• Opening and entering customer returned units into M2M
• Ongoing evaluation of customer returns and managing customer communication
• Production support and testing
• High School Diploma
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and basic inspection equipment such as calipers, multimeters, etc. Ability to work safely with pressure retaining equipment.
• Excellent communications skills; e.g., the ability to present and discuss test plans and results with other company personnel and maintain professional contact with customers.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Measurement equipment (multimeters, calipers, micrometers, etc)
• Office machines (computer, copier, fax, etc)
• Pressure retaining equipment (pneumatic and hydraulic pressure generators/testers, gauges and calibrators)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.