9 months ago
Today, Toll People is one of Australia’s largest specialist suppliers of talent within the transport, logistics and supply chain sector. We offer complete recruitment solutions from permanent and executive recruitment, business support recruitment to flexible labour and award-winning training and development programs.
We currently have an opportunity for a Cargo Customer Service Representative who are are there to take our customers through every stage of the cargo journey, whether they are moving general cargo, or shipping their pets.
Duties include but are not limited to
* Determine shipping methods and routes from pick-up location to final destination
* Advise clients on transportation and payment options
* Coordinate transportation and logistics details
* Estimate, negotiate, and determine postal rates, shipment costs, and other charges
* Notify clients of cargo shipments, status en route, and time of delivery
* Prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other required shipping documents
* Record information such as cargo amount, weight, dimensions, and time of shipment
* Trace lost shipments as necessary
To be a successful, you will need to possess the following attributes:
* Proven cargo/aviation or freight forwarding customer service experience
* Proven experience with problem solving in a fast paced environment
* Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Motivation and capability to commit to a 24/7 roster with both morning and evening shifts involved is essential. Proven reliability is a must.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Computer literate and accurate keyboard skills
* Eligible for an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) incl. Federal Police Clearance and Pre-Employment Medical