4 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
CUSTOMER SERVICE OPERATIONS
Customer Service Coordinator, Irvine req 11212
Maintains customer satisfaction by providing product, service and account information and monitoring performance for product warranty, maintenance agreements, and/or purchase orders. Typically, responsible for groups of accounts that are moderately complex or where account relationships are well‐established.
1. Administers customer accounts by reviewing service and/or spare product requirements to existing terms and conditions of purchase orders or maintenance agreements.
2. Establishes and maintains customer relationships through courteous and efficient servicing of customer requests. Maintains regular communication with assigned customer accounts and responds to customer service issues.
3. Prepares, and submits correspondence in response to customer requests. Maintains an appropriate level of confidentiality with regard to customer and company matters.
4. Responds to requests for quotations in a timely manner and coordinates with price estimating. Reviews pricing for reasonableness, submits quotations/proposals for customer review, and handles
customer questions regarding the submitted quote/proposal.
5. Coordinates with various functions of the company (e.g. quality, shipping/receiving, accounting, order entry, planning and shop personnel) on customer issues. Prioritizes requests and commits to reasonable production and/or provisioning lead‐time.
6. Releases repairs to production when customer approval is received by submitting work order to scheduler and updating sales order with delivery date and repair costs. Develops action plans to address past due items. May have oversight of order entry activity and shipping for spares.
7. Monitors delivery status and provides status reports to customers by gathering data, researching outstanding shipments, obtaining up‐to‐date shipping information, and following up with the customer.
8. Ensures invoices have been processed and paid by monitoring the customers' account status and coordinating with Accounts Receivable. Supports the company's collection efforts.
9. Investigates and resolves customer complaints or claims by collecting and analyzing documentation and prior history files. Resolves complaints regarding damaged, late or incorrect shipments and may have authority to offer discounts up to a limited maximum dollar amount.
10. Ensures the accuracy of sales order entry data and backlog information by monitoring customer accounts and preparing reports (i.e. backlog, shipped not invoiced, and contract hold)
11. May review warranty claims, discuss product substitutions and alternatives based on customer requirements, and provide special pricing for non‐standard warranty items and repairs.
12. Contributes to continuous improvement activities and recommends cost reduction suggestions and/or ways to improve the quality of service.
13. Develops knowledge of procurement practices and FAA regulations, Parker products and manufacturing processes, and customers.
14. Supports the team by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross‐functional or project team assignments.
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
One to two years of related college level courses, certificate completion or related job training in contracts or business administration that has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through four or more years of related experience in administrative, marketing/customer service, or product support areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Knowledge and understanding of customer service administration policies and practices, and FAA regulations including government procurement if applicable. General knowledge of Parker products and manufacturing, inspection and repair processes. General understanding, and ability to apply, continuous improvement methods. Ability to work on assignments that are moderately complex where judgement is required in evaluating information, resolving problems and making recommendations. Ability to work with only general work direction with no instructions usually given for routine work and general instructions given for new work or special assignments. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages. Ability to communicate effectively to present ideas, facts and some technical information, and to respond to inquiries and complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to use standard business software applications and specialized spreadsheet and database systems (e.g. manufacturing resource planning (MRP), financial and accounting data). Ability toeffectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal‐setting, performance feedback, and
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 11212. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.