6 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today. In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner. Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPPERATIONS
Customer Service Account Admin – CSO Irvine, Req 11808
Administers contracts and agreements for complex products and systems for customer accounts to achieve division business objectives and to meet customer performance expectations. Acts as customer and division facing point of contact. Responsible for the direction and oversight of major and/or multiple customer accounts. Interprets customer requests, monitors performance and delivery, investigates complaints, generates proposals, negotiates pricing, and ensures compliance with contracts and agreements.
1. Administers and/or provides oversight for order fulfillment of specialized and/or major customer accounts of diverse scope and complexity. Responsible for the fulfillment of contract requirements, customer performance and delivery schedules.
2. Provides mutually acceptable solutions to customer problems that impact cost or schedule. Negotiates complex requirements across multiple customers, products, and internal teams. Focuses on execution of spare and repair deliveries to meet contract requirements.
3. Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues; resolves customer complaints concerning invoices or billing discrepancies; researches account histories to assist in collection activities.
4. Determines the need for amendments or extensions to warranty or service agreements. Determines when customer requested changes are out-of-scope. May confer with management regarding customer credits and precedent-setting decisions.
5. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting records of present and past operations, trends, and costs. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and/or procedures. May provide input to customer service engineering regarding maintenance or return trends and perform other specialized assignments.
6. Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned accounts. Coordinates customer visits, presentations, and/or audits. Maintains successful, long-term business relationships and contacts with high-level customer procurement employees. May have responsibility to coordinate and ensue coverage for aircraft-on-Ground/critical priority service.
7. Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the division and/or with corporate and customer involvement. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, and/or participating in professional associations such as the National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
9. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations (e.g. FAA); ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
10. May provide leadership to others in customer support, a related function, or a business team. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
11. Serves as a functional subject expert and resource. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration. Also an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience in technical product support or contract administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of warranty and maintenance agreements, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to the aerospace industry and government procurement, if applicable. May require knowledge of international trade and export requirements. Maintains a thorough knowledge of Parker products and customers. Ability to effectively assess, lead, and implement continuous improvement in critical and/or high-impact areas. Proficient with standard business application software and specialized data analysis or materials systems (e.g. electronic data interface (EDI) or manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems). Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs; solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways; evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams. Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and contracts or agreements, and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on repairing, replacing, and delivering products and services. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, customers, and top management. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Overnight, long distance travel may be required, based on the individual needs of the position.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 11808. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.